Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update - 6 days after last visit to clinic

At my visit with the nurse practitioner last week, she told me I had tendonitis in the psoas tendon and prescribed ibuprofen for a month along with physical therapy. She recommended not riding horses, but I had already sent in my entry and payment for a schooling dressage show for that Sunday. Being on ibuprofen for a few days before the show really helped, and even though I've ridden my gelding about eight times since the beginning of September, we won one of our classes and took second in the other. It was FAR more than I expected since I was just going to be happy to place and to keep our scores in the 60s (which we did do). It also means that we can't ride in maiden classes anymore at that level, but I'm NOT complaining. For now I'm going to give my hip some time out of the saddle to recover from this tendonitis and do some ground work with my horses (after I get caught up on grading papers). I hope that in three weeks, I can call back to my surgeon's office and tell the nurse practitioner that all is well. I really want to snowboard this winter since I finally got the hang of it last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment